- Christmas – as good a time as any to discuss ethics with children –
- Halloween: fortune-telling, vampires and witches, brain pudding and eating “land shrimp” –
- Children’s stories made by children: Claude Monet travels 80 million years back in time, and paints a well behaved T-Rex.
- Learning geometric solids and flats ( 3D and 2D shapes) with kids – in German and in English –
- Teaching kids geography and history with Napoleon, Wellington and Metternich
Monthly Archives: December 2017
Good versus Evil: For this Christmas season, I used this theme, complete with angels and devils, forces of good and evil, to teach my students affirmative and negative commands in English. Storyline: a blind beggar, fast asleep, unknowingly receives some … Continue reading
I gave a lesson around Halloween time involving the future tense, with a complete Fortune Telling business – only four euros per question! Every child has a role (not fixed, rotated): a secretary for writing the questions, another for writing … Continue reading